Multi-Skilled Joiners (Domestic)
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit Multi-Skilled Joiners.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
The Purpose of the role is to carry out duties to domestic / commercial properties. The Properties may be tenanted, and some will be empty properties.
You will promote a Safe working environment and complete any works within KPI targets, within budget guidelines and to a high-quality standard.
- All Joinery Related Trade skills – Replacement of Doors and Frames, Kitchen Repairs and Installations external works, Fencing / gates. Locks and Glazing. Window Frame replacement and Repairs. Ducting, and Framing works
- Building experience with additional multi skills including; Plastering, tiling, Plumbing and decorating
- Dynamic Risk assessment to be Carried out prior to starting works
- Before and After Photos of the works to be taken and attached to the works order
- Attend to the works at the correct appointment times
- Ensure a good customer experience is given when completing works
- Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s/Manager’s request.
- To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
- Ensure that you work safely and adhere to your Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor.
- To work within the allocated labour resources plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor
- Liaise with the clients and keep them informed of works that may be undertaken and promote the company ethos and values always.
- Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade background (E)
- Must be able to demonstrate a further Skill set to support the Multi trade Role (E)
- At least 7 years’ experience within construction industry (E)
- Asbestos Awareness (E)
- CSCS Card – Supervisor (D)
- Full UK driving licence (E)
Apply for this Job
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.