J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Multi-Skilled Plasterer.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
• Applies coats of plaster to interior walls, ceilings, and partitions of buildings, to produce finished surface, according to blueprints, architect’s drawings, or oral instructions, using hand tools and portable power tools
• Spreads plaster over lath or masonry base, using trowel, and smooths plaster with darby and float to attain uniform thickness.
• Applies scratch, brown, or finish coats of plaster to wood, metal, or board lath successively.
• Roughens undercoat with scratcher to provide bond for succeeding coats of plaster.
• Creates decorative textures in finish coat by marking surface of coat with brush and trowel or by spattering surface with pebbles.
• May mix mortar.
• May install guide wires on exterior surface of buildings to indicate thickness of plaster to be applied.
• May specialize in applying finish or rough coats of plaster and be designated Plasterer, Finish; Plasterer, Rough.
• Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s/Manager’s request.
• Building experience with additional multi skills including; carpentry, plumbing, tiling, plastering and decorating
• A trade relevant qualification or a background in 3 or more trades
• To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures on site. Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
• Ensure that when working on contracts that you have the correct equipment, that you are wearing a JT corporate uniform, that you are displaying your ID badge and adhering to the site safety manual
• Ensure that you comply with the company vehicle and mobile phone and tablet procedures, and report any defective working equipment to a supervisor
• Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
• To work within the allocated labour resources, plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor
• Liaise with the clients and keep them informed of works that may be undertaken and promote the company ethos and values always.
• Excellent communication skills
• Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people; tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free flowing communication.
• Team Work – Working effectively with others, as a team leader or team member, encouraging team work and supporting others.
• Results Orientation – Demonstrating a commitment to achieve results against required standards.
• Planning & Organising – Ability to think ahead, plan, prioritise and schedule activities, along with monitoring and controlling outcomes.
• Problem Solving – The ability to identify issues, obstacles and opportunities. The individual must also develop and implement effective solutions.
• Managing Change – Seeking ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done. The individual must also accept new, innovative ways of doing tasks.
• Coaching & Development – Facilitating learning and development to improve performance, skills and behaviours.
• Impact & Influencing – The ability to persuade or influence others without coercion or force.
• Strategic Thinking – The ability to envisage and progress towards long term objectives.
• Decision Making – The ability to analyse, define and justify options, and propose appropriate decisions.
• Commercial & Business Knowledge – The ability to interpret and understand business needs at individual, departmental, organisational or sector level.
• Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade back ground (E)
• Must be able to demonstrate a further Skill set to support the Multi trade Role (E)
• At least 7 years’ experience within construction industry (E)
• Full UK driving licence (E)
Apply for this Job
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.