Commercial Plumber/ Fitter
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Due to increasing works within our Engineering Services Department, we are looking for a Commercial Plumber/ Fitter in Nottingham
|The Purpose of the role is to carry out duties to commercial properties. The Properties including schools and health care etc.
You will promote a Safe working environment and complete any works within targets, to a high-quality standard.
|· All plumbing Related Trade skills – Replacement of Bathroom white goods, Install and replacement of Taps, Sinks, Showers. Install Cylinders, service valves, CWST. Install Soil pipe works
· Commercial pipefitting skills with all industrial materials
· Attend to the works at the correct appointment times
· Ensure a good customer experience is given when completing works
· Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s/Manager’s request.
· To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
· Ensure that you work safely and adhere to your Risk Assessments and Method Statements
· Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor.
· To work within the allocated labour resources plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor
|· Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people; tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free flowing communication.
· Teamwork – Working effectively with others, as a team leader or team member, encouraging team work and supporting others.
· Problem Solving – The ability to identify issues, obstacles and opportunities. The individual must also develop and implement effective solutions.
· Managing Change – Seeking ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done. The individual must also accept new, innovative ways of doing tasks.
· Decision Making – The ability to analyse, define and justify options, and propose appropriate decisions.
|Experience and Knowledge|
|· Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds Level 3 within Plumbing and Heating (E)
· Commercial Gas Qualification (E)
· At least 10 years’ experience within construction industry (E)
· Asbestos Awareness (E)
· CSCS Card (E)
· Full UK driving licence (E)
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position, please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below or to Recruitment@jtomlinson.co.uk.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.