Multi Skilled Plumber
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Due to increasing works within our Facilities Management Department, we are looking for a Multi Skilled Plumber in the Yorkshire and Humberside areas.
Please note that an Enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required before commencing works and Blue Light Emergency Service Vetting may also be required. All roles are permanent and full-time positions at 40 hours per week 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Overtime or out of hours working may be required as well as being part of a call out rota.
MULTI SKILLED PLUMBER
- All plumbing related works on Commercial properties – Replacement of Bathroom white goods, Install and replacement of Taps, Sinks, Showers, Trace Locate and repair Leaks. Install Cylinders, service valves, CWST.
- Install / Repair Soil pipe works, Repair Mains leaks and stop taps.
- Building experience with additional multi skills including; Plastering, tiling, Joinery and decorating
- Dynamic Risk assessment to be Carried out prior to starting works
- Before and After Photos of the works to be taken and attached to the works order
- Attend to the works at the correct appointment times
- Ensure a good customer experience is given when completing works
- Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s/Manager’s request.
- To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
- Ensure that you work safely and adhere to your Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor.
- To work within the allocated labour resources plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor
- Liaise with the clients and keep them informed of works that may be undertaken and promote the company ethos and values always.
We are looking for a candidate with the following experience and qualifications;
- Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within the trade background
- Must be able to demonstrate a further Skill set to support the Multi trade Role
- Extensive experience within the commercial sector
- Asbestos Awareness
- CSCS Card (Desirable)
- Full UK driving licence
What we Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications within the role.
You will receive a company vehicle, tablet and phone. Our benefits include pension, life assurance, discounts on EE products and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme including free legal and financial support and free counselling services.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position, please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below or to Recruitment@jtomlinson.co.uk.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.