Multi Skilled Plumber – Commercial
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Due to increasing works within our Commercial Maintenance department, we are looking for a Multi Skilled Plumber in the East Midlands.
Please note that an Enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required before commencing works. All roles are permanent and full-time positions at 40 hours per week 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Overtime or out of hours working may be required as well as being part of a call out rota.
|The Purpose of the role is to carry out duties to domestic / commercial properties. The Properties may be tenanted, and some will be empty properties.
You will promote a Safe working environment and complete any works within KPI targets, within budget guidelines and to a high-quality standard.
|· All plumbing Related Trade skills – Replacement of Bathroom white goods, Install and replacement of Taps, Sinks, Showers, Trace Locate and repair Leaks. Install Cylinders, service valves, CWST. Install / Repair Soil pipe works, Repair Mains leaks and stop taps.
· Building experience with additional multi skills including; Plastering, tiling, Joinery and decorating
· Dynamic Risk assessment to be Carried out prior to starting works
· Before and After Photos of the works to be taken and attached to the works order
· Attend to the works at the correct appointment times
· Ensure a good customer experience is given when completing works
· Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s/Manager’s request.
· To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
· Ensure that you work safely and adhere to your Risk Assessments and Method Statements
· Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor.
· To work within the allocated labour resources plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor
|· Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people; tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free flowing communication.
· Teamwork – Working effectively with others, as a team leader or team member, encouraging team work and supporting others.
· Problem Solving – The ability to identify issues, obstacles and opportunities. The individual must also develop and implement effective solutions.
· Managing Change – Seeking ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done. The individual must also accept new, innovative ways of doing tasks.
· Decision Making – The ability to analyse, define and justify options, and propose appropriate decisions.
|Experience and Knowledge|
|· Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade background (E)
· Must be able to demonstrate a further Skill set to support the Multi trade Role (E)
· At least 7 years’ experience within construction industry (E)
· Asbestos Awareness (E)
· CSCS Card – Supervisor (D)
· Full UK driving licence (E)
|Core Values and Behaviours|
|· Being Authentic – Being open and honest and ensuring that everything is done with integrity. The individual must work within the team to solve the issue and find a solution.
· Valuing and Appreciating Everyone – The understanding that by having a diverse mix of skills, ideas and qualities, performance will be enhanced.
· Customer Plus – Satisfaction must be provided to everyone, whether that be internal or external. Customers are put first in everything that we do.
· Providing a Safe and Happy Place to be – Ensuring that the environment that every individual is working in is a safe and enjoyable place to be.
· Successful Relationships – The ability to create and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.