Multi Skilled Plumber
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Multi Skilled Plumber within our Maintenance Department.
Due to increasing works within our Domestic department, an excellent opportunity has arisen for an Multi Skilled Plumber to join our team
All roles are full time positions at 40 hours per week 8am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. DBS disclosure will be a mandatory requirement before commencing works.
- Carry out any ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s/Manager’s request.
- Building experience with additional multi skills including; carpentry, plumbing, tiling, plastering and decorating
- A trade relevant qualification or a background in 3 or more trades
- To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures on site. Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
- Ensure that when working on contracts that you have the correct equipment, that you are wearing a JT corporate uniform, that you are displaying your ID badge and adhering to the site safety manual
- Ensure that you comply with the company vehicle and mobile phone and tablet procedures, and report any defective working equipment to a supervisor
- Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
- To work within the allocated labour resources, plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor
- Liaise with the clients and keep them informed of works that may be undertaken and promote the company ethos and values always.
- Excellent communication skills
- Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade back ground
- Must be able to demonstrate a further Skill set to support the Multi trade Role
- Extensive experience within domestic sector
- Full UK driving licence
- Asbestos Awareness
What we Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications within the role.
You will receive a company vehicle, tablet and phone. Our benefits include pension, life assurance, discounts on EE products and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme including free legal and financial support and free counselling services.
Apply for this Job
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.