NICEIC Qualifying Supervisor
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit an NICEIC Qualifying Supervisor.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
• Lead and manage a high-performance team through the application of good people management principles and practices;
• Surveying of multi trade or complex orders and organising with the co-ordinators, orders to sub-contractors and suppliers for these works as directed.
• To promote a safe working environment and monitor the companies Health and Safety systems on site. Carry out monthly WIP and van stock checks including condition of plant, equipment. Complete HS02 inspections on the supply chain and overview their systems and report any non-compliant.
• Attend scheduled service delivery weekly meetings with the client and, support the contract with mitigation.
• Report to line manager with regard to allocation and level of resources required to complete the works.
• Assist in organising call out rota and weekend working, and if required supervising the works.
• Ensuring that workmen working on contracts are correctly equipped and ensure they are wearing corporate uniform, displaying ID badges adhering to the site safety manual and are working in the appropriate manner.
• Checking quality of work at times of site visits and reporting any poor workmanship to the manager, using the appropriate quality inspection form as J Tomlinson Electrical Management systems
• Supervise operatives to deliver contract requirements, including planning workloads, monitoring the quality of work and directing work so that it is completed within contract timescales.
• Assist in the monitoring, evaluation and control of the performance of all allocated labour resources on site and report to the contract’s manager
• Review with Contracts Manager the calibre of operatives, including identifying strengths and weaknesses, identifying training needs and where management action is necessary.
• Monitor and directly control the use of other resources including materials, plant, vehicles and mobile phones etc.
• Liaise with the client and keep them informed of any delays in competing major works.
• Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within responsibility.
Resource Management – Co-ordinates people and materials to maximise productivity and efficiency
Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour
Managing Conflict – Manages hostility between individuals or groups when disagreements occur;
Motivating Others – Fosters energy for, and provides direction towards, organisational goals;
Planning / Organising – Coordinates and directs routine activities effectively
• City & Guilds 2330, 2360 or equivalent, Part ‘P’, practical experience
and qualifications (NVQ or AM2), BS7671 17th Edition update
qualification, City & Guilds 2400 and 2391 (or 2395) qualification,
proven experience in periodic inspection and testing. Must have a good
working knowledge of electrical installations at all levels and proven
experience in the supervision of electrical personnel. Must be a
registered NICEIC Qualifying Supervisor or undertaken the NICEIC
• Qualifying Supervisor training course
• Supervisory training: CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) or SMSTS
• First Aid
• Asbestos Awareness (E)
• CSCS Card – Supervisor (E)
• Full UK driving licence (E)
Apply for this Job
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.