J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Non-Working Supervisor.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Objectives / Purpose of Role|
|To promote a Safe working environment and complete any works within KPI targets, within budget guidelines and to a high-quality standard. Day to day supervision of direct employees and supply chain partners including sourcing and organising with the back office support team, delivery of materials and plant.
Will need to be proficient in undertaking a wide range of tasks, including utilising your trade and your experience support the operational team repair and refurbish commercial stock across Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire/South Yorkshire/West Midlands/West Yorkshire/Humberside/North Yorkshire.
|· Promote a safe working environment and ensure compliance with the company’s H&S systems on site, whilst demonstrating personal safety leadership.
· Carry out monthly inspections of work in progress of direct trade employees, that includes van stock checks including condition of plant and equipment. Complete regular inspections (HS02) of subcontractors and overview their systems and report any non-compliance. Carry out in house toolbox talks.
· Management and leadership of the team through the application of good people management principles and practices.
· Surveying of multi trade or complex orders/requests from clients and organising with the back office support the orders to subcontractors and suppliers for these works as directed.
· Quote small project/small works in line with agreed schedule of rates.
· Deliver works in line with client’s Service Level Agreements for responsive and project work, maintaining project programmes with regular communication to all internal and client stakeholders.
· Ensure all client complaints are dealt with and responded to in the client’s processes – work with Contract Manager to ensure complaints are closed out effectively
· Assist in Call out Rota as escalation route.
· Carry out day to day supervision where necessary on complex or long duration works.
· Ensure operatives working on contracts are correctly equipped, wearing corporate uniform, displaying ID Badges, adhering to the all RA’s and working in the appropriate manner.
· Review resource with Contract Manager, identifying strengths and weaknesses along with training requirements for team.
· Advise client and contract manager of any delays to programme/work completion, work with Team Leader and CLO to overcome delays/reduce and where necessary create action plan to demonstrate progress to client.
· Check quality of work carried out by in house operatives and contractors, ensuring all work is to required standards. Where defects are found address directly with individual and ensure work is completed fully in line with contractual requirements.
· A trade relevant qualification or a background.
· Ensure that you comply with the company vehicle and mobile phone and tablet procedures, and report any defective working equipment to a supervisor
· Excellent communication skills
· Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as requested by the business.
|· Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people; tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free flowing communication.
· Team Work – Working effectively with others, as a team leader or team member, encouraging team work and supporting others.
· Resource Management – Co ordinates people and materials to maximise productivity and efficiency
· Safety – follows safe practice and demonstrates on the job behaviour
· Managing conflict – manages hostility between individuals or groups when disagreements occur, able to escalate to Contract Manager as necessary
· Results Orientation – Demonstrating a commitment to achieve results against required standards.
· Planning & Organising – Ability to think ahead, plan, prioritise and schedule activities, along with monitoring and controlling outcomes.
· Problem Solving – The ability to identify issues, obstacles and opportunities. The individual must also develop and implement effective solutions.
· Managing Change – Seeking ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done. The individual must also accept new, innovative ways of doing tasks.
· Coaching & Development – Facilitating learning and development to improve performance, skills and behaviours.
· Impact & Influencing – The ability to persuade or influence others without coercion or force.
· Strategic Thinking – The ability to envisage and progress towards long term objectives.
· Decision Making – The ability to analyse, define and justify options, and propose appropriate decisions.
· Commercial & Business Knowledge – The ability to interpret and understand business needs at individual, departmental, organisational or sector level.
|Experience and Knowledge|
|(D- Desirable, E- Essential)
· Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade back ground (E)
· Asbestos Awareness (E)
· Supervisory training: CITB site supervisor safety training (D)
· Must be able to demonstrate a relevant trade qualification or background (E)
· At least 3 years’ experience within FM industry (E)
· IT literate (outlook, excel, word) (E)
· CSCS Card – Supervisor (D)
· Full UK driving licence (E)
|Core Values and Behaviours|
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.