J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Payroll Administrator
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
You will be responsible for supporting the Payroll Manager in the successful production of accurate and reliable timesheet processing, expenses processing, dealing with queries raised by colleagues and the general administration surrounding monthly overhead expenses.
This will be a permanent and full time position at 40 hours per week 8am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
As a Payroll Administrator your core responsibilities will involve:
- Logging of Engineers timesheets, sickness and holidays into relevant spreadsheets
- Processing of timesheets reconciling travel and overtime adjustments as individually required
- Work with colleagues to clear up any queries raised during the payroll process and ensure that all outstanding issues (including missing timesheets) are dealt with
- Process all Expenses in line with company policy
- Capture and record all business mileage for Company Fleet in line with H&S expectations to ensure compliance
- Ensure that system processes and procedures are constantly monitored and updated as appropriated
- Processing of central overhead costs specifically relating to Barclaycard/Credit Card expenses posting
- Provide holiday cover to Payroll team as required
- Experience within a similar role
- Experience of manually calculating tax, NI, SSP etc
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Computer literate
- Good Excel skills, able to do pivot tables, vlookups etc
- High personal quality standards
- Pro active in resolving/tackling issues
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits that include pension, life assurance and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.