J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Pipefitter Supervisor.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Job Title||Pipefitter Supervisor|
|Business Unit/Area||Engineering Services|
|Reporting to Job Title||Contract Manager|
|Day to day supervision of operatives and Supply Chain including sourcing and organising with the co-ordinators, delivery of materials and plant.|
|· Lead and manage a high-performance team through the application of good people management principles and practices.
· Conducting site surveyors and process of quotations as necessary
· Surveying of multi trade or complex orders and organising with the co-ordinators, orders to sub-contractors and suppliers for these works as directed.
· Carry out monthly van stock checks including checking condition of plant, equipment and vehicle.
· Report to line manager with regard to allocation and level of resources required to complete the works.
· Assist in organising call out rota and weekend working, and if required supervising the works.
· Ensuring that workmen working on contracts are correctly equipped and ensure they are wearing corporate uniform, displaying ID badges adhering to the site safety manual and are working in the appropriate manner.
· Checking quality of work at times of site visits and reporting any poor workmanship to the manager, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
· Supervise operatives/ Sub- Contract partners to deliver contract requirements, including planning workloads, monitoring the quality of work and directing work so that it is completed within contract timescales.
· Assist in the monitoring, evaluation, and control of the performance of all allocated labour resources.
· Review with Operations Manager the calibre of operatives, including identifying strengths and weaknesses, identifying training needs and where management action is necessary.
· Monitor and directly control the use of other resources including materials, plant, vehicles, and mobile phones etc.
· Monitor the implementation of Health and Safety requirements for the Contracts, taking appropriate action and reporting non-compliance to the Site / Contract Manager.
· Liaise with the client and keep them informed of any delays in competing major works.
· Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within responsibility.
|Resource Management – Co-ordinates people and materials to maximise productivity and efficiency
Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour
Managing Conflict – Manages hostility between individuals or groups when disagreements occur.
Motivating Others – Fosters energy for, and provides direction towards, organisational goals;
Planning / Organising – Coordinates and directs routine activities effectively
|Measures of Success (Local Variation)|
What We Offer
In return, we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.