J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Plumber.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Objectives / Purpose of Role|
|The Purpose of the role is to carry out all nature of plumbing duties to commercial properties. You will promote a Safe working environment and complete any works within KPI targets, within budget guidelines and to a high-quality standard.|
|· All plumbing Related Trade skills – for example replacement of Bathroom white goods, Install and replacement of Taps, Sinks, Showers, Trace Locate and repair Leaks. Install Cylinders, service valves, CWST. Install / Repair Soil pipe works, Repair Mains leaks and stop taps.
· Building experience with additional multi skills as required.
· Dynamic Risk assessment to be Carried out prior to starting works
· Attend to the works at the correct appointment times
· Ensure a good customer experience is given when completing works
· Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s/Manager’s request.
· To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
· Ensure that you work safely and adhere to your Risk Assessments and Method Statements
· Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor.
· To work within the allocated labour resources plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor
· Liaise with the clients and keep them informed of works that may be undertaken and promote the company ethos and values always.
|· Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people; tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free flowing communication.
· Teamwork – Working effectively with others, as a team leader or team member, encouraging team work and supporting others.
· Problem Solving – The ability to identify issues, obstacles and opportunities. The individual must also develop and implement effective solutions.
· Managing Change – Seeking ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done. The individual must also accept new, innovative ways of doing tasks.
· Decision Making – The ability to analyse, define and justify options, and propose appropriate decisions.
|Experience and Knowledge|
|· Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade background (E)
· At least 5 years’ experience within construction industry (E)
· Asbestos Awareness (E) – training can be provided if necessary.
· Full UK driving licence (E)
|Core Values and Behaviours|
|· Being Authentic – Being open and honest and ensuring that everything is done with integrity. The individual must work within the team to solve the issue and find a solution.
· Valuing and Appreciating Everyone – The understanding that by having a diverse mix of skills, ideas and qualities, performance will be enhanced.
· Customer Plus – Satisfaction must be provided to everyone, whether that be internal or external. Customers are put first in everything that we do.
· Providing a Safe and Happy Place to be – Ensuring that the environment that every individual is working in is a safe and enjoyable place to be.
· Successful Relationships – The ability to create and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally.
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.