Project Manager x 2
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager for our Care Division.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
To run the contract from handover to final completion (completion of Defects Liability Period), including preparation and implementation of the Health and Safety Plan. To be responsible for ensuring projects are adequately resourced to be managed safely, whilst maximising efficiency.
- Lead and manage a high-performance through the application of good people management principles and practices
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and ensure that they are followed by all personnel involved in the schemes under their control
- To take ownership of all aspects of each project under their control from estimating handover through to completion of the Defects Liability Period
- Ensure staff has received or are due to receive adequate training to carry out their role on the project.
- Assess exposure to the business for any claims from clients/consultants and clients and ensure the relevant corrective action is taken
- Preparation and management of the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan
- Preparation and management of the contract programme including Target Programmes
- Ensure that a Materials and Contractor Procurement schedule are in place to suit the proposed Target/Construction Programme
- Supervision and responsibility of the Site Manager, including the following areas;
- Health and safety management including information for the Health and Safety File
- Quality Control
- Resource allocation and control (in liaison with the Quantity Surveyor)
- Liaison with the client and contract administrator on both a formal and informal basis
- Application for all licenses, permits etc and ensuring they are in place prior to work beginning
- Ensuring that the site is set up & maintained to the highest standards
- Appointment of contractors in line with Procurement Schedule (in conjunction with Commercial Team)
- Co-ordination with sub-contractors
- Attendance, preparation and reporting for all meetings in relation to the project
- To have a clear understanding of the way the job is priced to enable us to take full benefit of any opportunities for variations, change is specification or scope of works to maximise profit
- Check and sign the Contracts Managers, Site Managers weekly check list
- Ensure that all inspections are carried out (scaffold inspection, hoist etc)
- Ensure that all necessary permits are completed
- HNC / NVQ4 / BSc Construction Related discipline
- Management qualification (eg ILM Level 5) (D)
- Health & Safety qualification: IOSH Managing Safely or CITB SMSTS certificate (E)
- Asbestos Awareness (E)
- CDM Regulations (E)
- Temporary Works (E)
- CSCS card – Manager (E)
- Full UK driving licence (E)
- First Aid – 4 day (E)
Apply for this Job
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include: pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.