J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Job Title||Quantity Surveyor|
|Objectives / Purpose of Role|
|To minimise commercial risk by ensuring correct contract administration, project financial reporting, and the financial management of projects.|
|· Administer and enforce business commercial procedures;
· Produce monthly contract cost value reports;
· Production and negotiation of monthly and final applications for payment;
· Placing and subsequent financial management of sub-contract agreements;
· Provide assistance, guidance and support to the operational teams in the areas of: Contract Compliance, The financial impact of decisions; Value maximisation/cost saving techniques; Procurement strategy
· Work with operational and technical teams to establish, monitor and update benchmark and target delivery rates;
· Ensure that works’ contractual risks are: (a) highlighted prior to signing, and (b) communicated effectively to both senior managers and the project team;
· Ensure all contractual notifications and procedures are correctly in place and adhered to by the project team;
· Accurately monitor, forecast and report project cost and value;
· Ensure all contractual notifications are correctly in place;
· Assist senior managers in the production of the monthly management accounts;
· Produce, submit and negotiate both interim and final applications for payment;
· Ensure additional works are notified, measured and valued in line with contractual, industry and business requirements;
· Assessment and payment of sub-contract valuations and invoices in line with contractual, industry and business requirements (including the issuing of notifications);
· Place all sub-contract orders in line with main contract, industry standards and business requirements;
· Maximise works profitability;
· Minimise commercial risks.
|· Degree in Quantity Surveying (E)
· Professional / chartered membership of RICS or CIOB (D)
· At least 5 years’ experience within the construction industry (D)
· Full UK driving licence (E)
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.