J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Due to increasing works within our Regeneration department, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Nottingham.
This will be a permanent and full time position at 40 hours per week 8am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. DBS disclosure will be a mandatory requirement before commencing work.
As the Quantity Surveyors your core responsibilities will include:
- Administer and enforce business commercial procedures;
- Produce monthly contract cost value reports;
- Production and negotiation of monthly and final applications for payment;
- Placing and subsequent financial management of sub-contract agreements;
- Provide assistance, guidance and support to the operational teams in the areas of: Contract Compliance, The financial impact of decisions; Value maximisation/cost saving techniques; Procurement strategy
- Work with operational and technical teams to establish, monitor and update benchmark and target delivery rates;
- Ensure that works’ contractual risks are: (a) highlighted prior to signing, and (b) communicated effectively to both senior managers and the project team;
- Ensure all contractual notifications and procedures are correctly in place and adhered to by the project team;
- Accurately monitor, forecast and report project cost and value;
- Ensure all contractual notifications are correctly in place;
- Assist senior managers in the production of the monthly management accounts;
- Produce, submit and negotiate both interim and final applications for payment;
- Ensure additional works are notified, measured and valued in line with contractual, industry and business requirements;
- Assessment and payment of sub-contract valuations and invoices in line with contractual, industry and business requirements (including the issuing of notifications);
- Place all sub-contract orders in line with main contract, industry standards and business requirements;
- Maximise works profitability;
- Minimise commercial risks.
- The Candidate
- Essential – Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Essential – Full UK driving licence
- Desirable – Professional / chartered membership of RICS or CIOB
- Desirable – At least 5 years’ experience within the construction industry
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications as a Quantity Surveyor.
You will be given the option of a company car or car allowance, including company laptop and phone. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, life assurance and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.