J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Repairs Supervisor
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution
Due to continued growth within our Domestic Department we are seeking a Repairs Supervisor, to deal with day to day supervision of direct employees and supply chain partners, including sourcing and organising with the co-ordinators, delivery of materials and plant.
This will be a full time and permanent position at 40 hours per week. Working hours will be 8.00am – 4:30pm. The role will be based around various sites around Yorkshire. The successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS/CRB check before commencing works.
Core Responsibilities include:
• Lead and manage a high-performance team through the application of good people management principles and practices;
• Surveying of multi trade or complex orders and organising with the co-ordinators, orders to sub-contractors and suppliers for these works as directed.
• To promote a safe working environment and monitor the companies Health and Safety systems on site. Carry out monthly WIP and van stock checks including condition of plant, equipment. Complete HS02 inspections on the supply chain and overview their systems and report any non-compliant.
• Attend scheduled service delivery weekly meetings with the client and, support the contract with mitigation .
• Report to line manager with regard to allocation and level of resources required to complete the works.
• Assist in organising call out rota and weekend working, and if required supervising the works.
• Ensuring that workmen working on contracts are correctly equipped and ensure they are wearing corporate uniform, displaying ID badges adhering to the site safety manual and are working in the appropriate manner.
• Checking quality of work at times of site visits and reporting any poor workmanship to the manager, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
• Supervise operatives to deliver contract requirements, including planning workloads, monitoring the quality of work and directing work so that it is completed within contract timescales.
• Assist in the monitoring, evaluation and control of the performance of all allocated labour resources on site and report to the contract’s manager
• Review with Contracts Manager the calibre of operatives, including identifying strengths and weaknesses, identifying training needs and where management action is necessary.
• Monitor and directly control the use of other resources including materials, plant, vehicles and mobile phones etc.
• Liaise with the client and keep them informed of any delays in competing major works.
• Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within responsibility.
Qualifications & Experience :
• Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade background
• Supervisory training: CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) or SMSTS
• First Aid
• Asbestos Awareness
• CSCS Card – Supervisor
• Full UK driving licence