Resident Liaison Officer
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Resident Liaison Officer.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Objectives / Purpose of Role
The post holder will be responsible for providing a link between residents, contractors, clients and call centre; and to represent residents in all matters relating to Regeneration.
· Ensure that all residents can access and receive the best possible service
· Assist in the monitoring, evaluation and control of service performance
· Attend all relevant Resident Liaison forums to develop the relationship with key groups, to understand their priorities and address any concerns with service
· Develop key client contacts to ensure that the residents are fairly represented and that service delivery is maintained at the highest possible level
· Resolve any escalated complaints and ensure that effective Complaints Procedure and Customer Care are in place
· Work closely with the wider team to ensure service delivery of contract requirements, and the achievement of Key Performance Indicators
· Maintain effective working relationship with the Call Centre team ensuring that customer service is delivered at all times
· Implement, review and develop policies and procedures across the management area
· Ensure Equality and Diversity Policies are in place and adhered to
· Work with Customer Service Manager by developing key initiatives and procedures to ensure best practices are shared within the organisation,
· To actively promote J Tomlinson to the client and residents,
· Ensure that all information and documentation, forms and procedures used with resident has been approved prior to use
· Ensure that all correspondence is responded to within 5 working days
· Ensure that all telephones are answered promptly
· Provide an e-mail facility to allow residents to access Resident Liaison
· Inform the resident of any delays of changes to the work that has been scheduled
· For extended works, agree access arrangements with residents so that work can be completed on time
· Visit during extended works to ensure that all arrangements detailed under’ common courtesy and minimising disruption’ are adhered to
· Ensure that all queries, complaints and concerns that the residents may have are recorded and resolved
· Arrange for the residents to have a demonstration of new installations
· Provide the resident with out of hours emergency service arrangements details
· Visit a random sample of residents after completion of works to ensure that the resident is satisfied
· Stakeholder Relations – You are aware of who your stakeholders are both internal and external to
the business, you’re professional, flexible and collaborative in your approach and able to build and
maintain strong and positive working relationships
· Targets and Deadlines – You are aware of your own and your team’s KPIs, their importance and
how to meet them, managing your time effectively, communicating honest expectations to your
stakeholders and approaching any obstacles in a structured way
· Company Compliance – You know and understand the Company policies, procedures, compliances
for both Health and Safety and HR and adhere to them at all times in your day to day work. You know
when to escalate and report any non-conformances or concerns
· Business and Commercial Focus – You understand how your work contributes to the Company
business strategy, aware of commercial costs and benefits when making financial decisions and identify
improvements or efficiencies to your stakeholders in how you operate
· Owning the Role – You know what is expected of you and take accountability for your actions, you display the Values and Behaviours and adhere to the One Team Wheel in all aspects of work. You take responsibility for your own physical and mental wellbeing and strive to be the best you can be in the role
· Self-Development – You take responsibility for your own knowledge and development, know your strengths and areas for growth, follow best practice within the role and industry, continually ask how you could do things better
· Apprenticeship or NVQ2 in Customer Service / Housing (D)
· Over 2 years’ experience in a customer service role or similar (E)
· Experience of Housing and/or Repairs and Maintenance (D)
· Well-developed verbal and written communication skills (E)
· Ability to work co-operatively with multi-disciplined groups (E)
· Self-Motivated and enthusiastic (E)
· Team player, but also comfortable working alone (E)
· A full driving licence is essential for all posts (E)
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.