J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Site Manager.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Job Title||Site Manager|
|Reporting To Job Title||Project Manager|
|The Site Manager is responsible for the smooth running of project (s) whilst maintaining the quality and cost control of the project.|
|· Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management and establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
· Arrange works in accordance with project programmes, track progress and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time.
· Organise the works and supply chain to provide the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
· Understand the client priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
· Undertake the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non recoverable costs and preliminaries losses.
· Control costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
· Work to agreed preliminaries budget.
· Adopt the best practise set by J Tomlinson and manage community relations.
· Ensure appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
· Mitigate risks of complaints when working on/in and around occupied premises.
· Implement & comply with systems & standard procedures.
|Resource Management – Co-ordinates people and materials to maximise productivity and efficiency
Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour
Managing Conflict – Manages hostility between individuals or groups when disagreements occur;
Motivating Others – Fosters energy for, and provides direction towards, organisational goals;
Planning / Organising – Coordinates and directs routine activities effectively
|Person Specification – Desired/Essential Criteria (D/E)|
|Qualifications and Licences:
· HNC / NVQ3 in Building Services or individual trade discipline (D)
· IOSH Managing Safely or CITB SMSTS certificate (E)
· Formal management qualification (eg ILM Level 5) (D)
· Asbestos Awareness (E)
· Face Fit Testing (E)
· CSCS card – Manager (E)
· Full UK driving licence (E)
· DBS check (E)
· First Aid at Work certificate (D).
|Measures of Success (Local Variation)|
|· Project delivered on time and to budget
· 10% or less snagging
· 100% customer satisfaction
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.