Senior Site Manager
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit an experienced Site Manager for our Care Division.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the Site Manager will be responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of a refurbishment and new build projects. The Site Manager will also manage and lead other members of the construction team, with a strong focus on health and safety and display a positive and proactive approach in resolving buildability constraints. To work closely with all members of the construction team and stakeholders associated with the project.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and control of the project from the design stage, through to completion and the handover of the project to the client.
- Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints.
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
- Regular monitoring and liaison with the Contracts Manager on the Master Programme and development of stage/section programmes as required.
- Liaise with the Contracts Manager to ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site utilising the agreed agency list.
- Carry out tool box briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
- Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment on site is fit for purpose and only operated by appropriately trained staff
- Fulfil the role of Temporary Works Co-Ordinator on the project.
- Requisition all materials and oversee the deliveries and ensure they are done so in adequate time in line with the construction programme and procurement schedule.
- Effectively communicate with the Design Team to ensure the timely release of design information.
- Supervise / manage and motivate all site team including effective management of sub-contractor activities on site ensuring they are engaged, on target in line with the master programme.
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, health and safety legislation as well as quality standards.
- Ensure site team and sub-contractors are following common operational standards.
- Maintain close relations with the Contracts Manager and Contract Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations and Confirmation of Instructions.
- Organise and chair weekly review meetings with site/sub-contractor’s team.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records to enable traceability.
- Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimisation & Management Policy.
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures in accordance with ISO 9001and ISO 14001.
- Create and maintain good relations with clients, design teams and neighbours as well as any other stakeholders.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimisation and Management policy.
- Continually develop knowledge of innovative construction techniques and products to enhance the business and fulfil company CPD requirements
- Undertake all relevant training and development activities as required
- Fulfil the role of mentor as and when required.
- Contribute to the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the Site Manager may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of this role
Proven career path working as a Site Manager within the construction industry, having the ability to work to challenging time constraints.
- CSCS / First Aid / SMSTS / Asbestos awareness / Temporary Works Coordinator.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Full UK driving licence (E)
Apply for this Job
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include: pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.