J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Support Services Apprentice.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical engineering , Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
You will have an amazing opportunity to work alongside each of the support service teams offering an insight into Health & Safety, Quality, HR, Recruitment, Training and general office admin and reception. Reporting into the SHEQ Co-ordinator, the main purpose of the role is to predominantly provide administrative support into the SHEQ department to ensure the business is compliant at all times and supporting in peak periods across the other functions.
Health & Safety:
• Primarily operating to support the SHEQ Co-ordinator at Head Office
• Responsible for departmental diary co-ordination and office cover
• Attend group SHEQ meetings and record minutes inclusive of actions and owners in the absence on the SHEQ Co-Ordinator
• Support in the co-ordination and issue of reports and information as directed
• Control of updating all SHEQ noticeboards at Head Office and circulation of same updates to other branches and sites
• Co-ordinate the issue of technical information, bulletins, notices and certifications throughout the whole company
• Appointment scheduling and database management
• Stock management of gas and electrical certifications and maintenance of certification issue and completion register
• Raising of and matching departmental purchase orders
• Collation of departmental information required for monthly reporting in regard to gas and electrical quality control inspections
• Assisting with administrational support for Internal and External audits
• Supporting with the collation of information and issuing of ad hoc reports to Department Heads as instructed
HR & Training
• Support on recruitment campaigns and assessment centres
• Maintain document filing, storage and retrieval systems (electronic and hard copy as required)
• Liaising with Clients, Staff, Suppliers, training establishments, Colleges
• Processing training-related invoices
• Processing attendance records to assist with monitoring of completion of training and updating of Continuing Professional Development records
• Working across Training and SHEQ to ensure everyone receives the technical training they require to meet contractual needs and legislative compliance
• To contribute to maintaining an accurate HR database that provides quality management information in a timely manner, including input and update of data into the HR system, ensuring data is 100% accurate
• Working on a front-of-house reception
• Answering and transferring calls
• Dealing with mail – using franking machine, special delivery etc
• Dealing with visitors in an efficient and courteous manner
• Ordering stationery & raising orders
• General administration
Communication – Communicates effectively and appropriately, listens sensitively, adapts communication to audience and fosters effective communication with others
Creativity and Innovation – Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting edge programs/processes.
Teamwork – Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead
Flexibility – Modifies his or her approach to achieve a goal. Is open to change and new information; rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
Adaptability – Adjusts to changing environments whilst maintaining effectiveness
Maths and English at Level C