J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit Team Leaders – we have two vacancies within our office in Beeston, Nottingham and one within our Wakefield office.
Due to increasing works within our Domestic Maintenance department, an excellent opportunity has arisen for Team Leaders to join our call centre team in Beeston, Nottingham and within our Wakefield office. The Team Leader’s role is to assist the Customer Services Manager in developing a team that achieves high levels of customer satisfaction by delivering first class customer service. You will be responsible for leading, supervising and developing a team of Customer Liaison Officers and planners in the provision of a customer focused repairs, maintenance and facilities management service.
This will be a permanent and full time position at 40 hours per week 8am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Hours may be subject to change from 7am – 8pm
As a Team Leader your core responsibilities will involve:
- To lead and manage a team of customer liaison officers and/or planners delivering comprehensive, customer focused advice and support and ensuring operational processes and procedures are adhered to
- To ensure that legal, statutory and any other relevant provision governing or affecting the service area are strictly observed.
- To plan, co-ordinate and manage resource for the customer service team ensuring adequate cover across all services at all times
- To work with other team leaders to review and where appropriate put forward ideas to re-engineer internal processes to support service improvements
- To monitor and review performance of contracts and ensure delivery against operational plans, targets and policies (including regular attendance at client meetings)
- To contribute to the effective running of the service area through attendance at meetings and training events as required.
- Actively monitor, review and manage individual staff performance in relation to service area key performance/targets/deadlines and the Company’s required standards of performance and conduct. This will involve discussing and providing regular feedback to staff on their individual performance in line with Team Leader objectives, absence management including return to work interviews, 121’s, management and recording of underperformance performance and undertaking of annual reviews.
- Monitor and review performance of individuals and teams through the analysis of key data to produce relevant and meaningful reporting statistics
- To be the client point of contact and accountable for performance and client satisfaction for administrative tasks
- To collate and analyse monthly reports and provide updates on the performance of individual contracts to the Customer Service Manager
- Team Leader/Supervisory experience gained within a fast-moving pressurised customer facing environment dealing with complex levels of data and conflicting priorities
- Experience of performance managing a team of professional and technical staff
- Knowledge and experience of using IT as an analytical management tool
- Possess or willing to work towards a formal technical qualification: NVQ level 3 in Management or an alternative management qualification relevant to customer services and people management
- Commitment towards continual personal professional development
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary dependant on your experience and qualifications and attractive benefits that include pension, life assurance and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.