Technical Compliance Manager
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Technical Compliance Manager.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution
To create a best in class Technical Compliance and Quality culture. Promote the use of best practice
across all divisions of the business and monitor technical standards throughout the company. The
role will be responsible for all aspects of Technical Compliance and Quality Assurance; ensuring work
systems operate to company technical and safety management systems, accreditation bodies rules
and standards, ISO and BSI standards.
· Provide guidance & advice to branches to allow compliance with all technical Legislation and
Company policies, develop and maintain robust central systems and procedures
· Work with local management teams to drive and improve Technical Compliance standards across
their business to meet Gas Safe, NICEIC, ECA, FGAS, HETAS, OFTEC, MCS, PAS2030 standards.
· Plan, prepare for and host internal and external audits for all business accreditations.
· Assist the Head of SHEQ in implementing a rigorous Annual Plan to deliver and undertake
technical site visits/audits, 2 per month
· To actively promote health, safety, quality & environmental matters in line with the SHEQ
· Develop the overall technical awareness of specific employees and managers
· Maintain a high level of control through monitoring branches and the application of systems
· Inspire confidence in staff, clients and fellow professionals
· Undertaking investigations and reporting in technical matters
· To assist in the creation of tailored training material & coordinate the delivery and recording of
training and forwarding of records.
· Aim to achieve an accident/incident free working environment
· Assist branches in accurate record keeping and reference files for management systems
· Maintain accurate records and reference files for safety management systems.
· Adopt a supportive approach to subcontractor technical compliance with company policy
· Bring a practical, effective approach to the technical compliance function
· Carry out tradespeople and staff training
· Support branch management on all Technical Compliance matters
· Consider Business interest first, Department interest second
· Focus strongly upon internal communication and education including the development of team
culture with peers across the business
· Seek to identify opportunities and encourage continuous improvement and innovation
· Remain committed to continuous professional development
· Substitute for the Head of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality, as and when required
· Support and work with local management teams to improve quality management systems, to meet ISO 9001 standards. · Assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations. · Advise line management and assists with the implementation of existing and new SHEQ-related legislation, rules and Company standards. · Assist in the investigation of incidents providing advice on root causation, best preventative measures and sharing lessons learned. · Facilitate all forms of risk assessment where a specialist technical response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
· Achievement Orientation – Driven to accomplish goals and complete tasks
· Perseverance – Pursues goals despite obstacles and/or challenges
· Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely, and helpful service
· Building Relationships – Develops collaborative relationships to facilitate current or future
· Influence – persuades others to a desired result
· Managing Conflict – Manages hostility between individuals or groups when disagreements
· Initiative – takes action without direction from others
· Political Awareness – Recognises and works within the political environment of an organisation
· Quality Orientation – Emphasises producing quality products and/or meeting quality standards
Person Specification – Desired/Essential Criteria (D/E)
· Hold Technical Qualifications in Gas or Electricity (or both) to HNC/ONC level (E)
· MCS Qualified and registered as a Nominee or Technical Representative (E)
· Qualifications in Photovoltaic and Heat Pumps (D)
· Working knowledge of PAS2030 and associated management systems (D)
· Experience in Accreditation Management (CHAS, Safe Contractor, Oftec, Hetas, F-Gas, Gas Safe, NICEIC,
· Technical Knowledge of EWI and IWI installations and associated standards (D)
· NEBOSH/IOSH Health and Safety (D)
· At least 3 years’ experience in a Technical Compliance role within construction sector (E)
· Fully conversant with Technical Standards and Regulations (E)
· At least 5 years’ experience in a Technical role (D)
· A track record of implementing and/or developing Technical Compliance systems (D)
· Experience gained within construction and/or housing environments (D)
· Experience gained working with Senior Management Teams (E)
· Experience working with compliance bodies (D)
· Experience in the development and implementation of management systems (D)
· Experience in working with subcontractor and consulting audit companies (E)
Abilities (Skills, Behaviours): · Well-developed verbal and written communication skills · Ability to build relationships and work co-operatively with multi-disciplined groups · Assertive, whilst taking people on the journey · Leadership and influencing skills to raise the bar and drive a culture of continuous improvement · Team player, but also comfortable working alone Context: · Ability to operate across different business environments (Construction, M&E, Maintenance)
Measures of Success
· Continue to secure existing accreditations
· Number of audits
· Increase the quality of workmanship produced as a Group
· Improve the technical knowledge within the Group
· Reduce unsatisfactory audits
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.