Trainee Quantity Surveyor *INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY*
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Trainee Quantity Surveyor.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Job Title||Trainee Quantity Surveyor|
|Department||Engineering Services & Refurbishment|
|Objectives / Purpose of Role|
|To be an active member of the commercial team who will provide support to the Quantity Surveyor’s/Senior Quantity Surveyor’s as required.|
|– Promote and demonstrate our one team ethos both externally and internally
– Have a good understanding and work in accordance with agreed commercial procedures and associated timetable for completion
– Proactively seek out opportunities to meet the requirements of your structured training plan
– Constantly strive to seek out opportunities to develop within the role of Quantity Surveyor and widen your knowledge of the Quantity Surveyor
– Ensure the team is kept informed of any potential issues affecting cost, time or value
– Have and understanding of Contracts used within the Construction industry
– Assist in the procurement and management of sub-contracts
– Assist in the valuation/variation process (sub-contract and client)
– Be involved and have and understanding of the CVR process
– Carry out Commercial administration duties as required by the department
– Have an understanding of key contractual notices used within the construction industry
– Have an understanding of key payment legislation within the Construction Industry
– Be involved and understand the issue of sub-contract payment notices
– Assist in the procurement of sub-contractors including compilation of contract documents
– Be a proactive member of the commercial team and seek out continuous improvement of processes to promote efficiency
Commit to and complete relevant training/course work to an agreed timetable (college/university/other) to allow development within the role of Quantity Surveyor
|Experience of a similar role would be desirable, however an individual who shows a keen interest in both the construction industry and pursuit of becoming a qualified quantity surveyor would also be considered.|
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.