Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council – Full M&E and Energy Efficiency Services
Full M&E and Energy Efficiency Services - Herringthorpe Infant School, Rotherham
Herringthorpe Infant School, Rotherham is a council run school for children aged from 3 to 7.
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
- Main Contractor
- Services Provided by J Tomlinson
M&E, Energy Efficiency
RMBC required the new school building to be sustainable with a BREAM ‘Excellent’ rating, as well as creating an educational environment to positively impact and influence future learning. It was also critical that the development met a tight build program in order to be available for the new academic year in September.
J Tomlinson Solution
Following competitive tender J Tomlinson was awarded the installation of the Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Services for the new purpose built Primary School. We worked closely with RMBC, their professional team, the school and the main contractor supplying innovative, sustainable solutions including a Building Management System with automatic carbon dioxide control, controlled natural day lighting, control of natural ventilation and a biomass boiler for sustainable heating and hot water.
- Achieved BREAM ‘Excellent’ rating – in line with RMBC’s requirements.
- Created a positive educational environment – all stakeholders commented on the improved learning environment which can only benefit the future learning of pupils in the area.
- Collaborative Working – as a member of Rotherham Construction Partnership, we had a long established partnering relationship with RMBC, which gave us a good understanding of their specification and standards leading to a highly efficient build process.
- Strong Relationships and minimal disruption – close working with the school, the main contractor and RMBC resulted in strong relationships and minimal disruption to the live working environment.
- Our M&E services were delivered on time and on budget – J Tomlinson worked closely with the council, the school and the main contractors helping with the overall timely delivery of the project.