Garden House is a Georgian, Grade II listed building consisting of seven town houses previously converted into 58 apartments.
JCT Design & Build 2011
Residential remodelling & refurbishment
0114 272 9025
J Tomlinson was appointed to fully refurbish the apartments, whilst working within the framework of the Listed Building Consent. This has involved full renovation of the existing sash windows, external façade and a sympathetic refurbishment of the internal areas.
This is a logistically complex refurbishment project, with strict Planning and Conservations protocols to be adhered to, within a set time and specification criteria. Adopting the BSRIA Soft Landings process has led to close working relationships between the client, Project Manager (Turner & Townsend), our construction and in-house M&E team. We expect this to result in seamless aftercare for the incoming residents.
• Highly effective consultation and liaison with Planning and Conservations Teams to ensure all variations have been agreed and approved within set timescales, with no detriment to the programme.
• Comprehensive value engineering exercises to ensure we source and install specified and mandated materials within the project budget, which is running to forecast.
• All M&E design and installation works completed in-house ensuring the highest levels of quality.
• The project requires close liaison with the Highways Authority due to its logistical complexities. To mitigate disruption in a busy urban area in London, we worked with the Highways Agency to develop bespoke traffic management plans.
• We have maintained regular and effective communication with local resident committee, Kensington Gardens Association, to ensure they are fully aware of the works being undertaking and engage their support.
Despite a logistically challenging project due to the site location, the project is running to schedule for the planned completion date in early January 2015 due to a meticulously planned programme.