Hamberley Development – Chawley Grove Care Home
Following successful delivery of their Sutton Coldfield care home, Hamberley Development appointed J Tomlinson to manage and deliver another specialist care scheme in Cumnor, Oxfordshire.
Design and build a 3-storey, 70-bedroom luxury care home, as well as associated external works including landscaping and the creation of a car park.
February 2018 - May 2019
- Summary of works
• Construction of 70-bed luxury care home plus associated landscaping works
• On-time and budget completion
• Defect-free scheme
Hamberley is a leading developer of luxury care homes and retirement living projects in the UK.
Following successful delivery of their Sutton Coldfield care home, J Tomlinson was appointed by Hamberley Development to manage and deliver another specialist care scheme in Cumnor, Oxfordshire.
The project comprised the design and build of a 3-storey, 70-bedroom luxury care home, as well as associated external works including landscaping and the creation of a car park.
Now open to the public, Chawley Grove Care Home provides residential, nursing and dementia care, with luxury facilities including a deluxe cinema, a health and beauty salon, a private dining suite, as well as en-suite bedrooms throughout.
J Tomlinson's Approach
Smooth, considerate project mobilisation
Prior to commencement of construction works, existing buildings on site were demolished, including the grubbing up of foundations and well as the removal of all trees and vegetation. Neighbouring residents and businesses were kept informed on the progress of works through letter drops and face-to- face visits. J Tomlinson rented the car parking spaces from a nearby office, consulting with immediate neighbours to ensure the positioning of welfare cabins would not cause any disruption or inconvenience. Throughout the project, we enjoyed a positive relationship with neighbours and the local community, assisting at a local school fair and undertaking a range of fundraising activities.
Creation of marketing suite
In line with Hamberley Care’s requirements, we also completed and handed over a Marketing Suite 12 weeks prior to Practical Completion. This area was completed to Hamberley’s specification and representatives were invited to review quality standards and provide feedback. All areas were benchmarked against this standard to establish the desired quality criteria, with the suite officially opened by Councillor Monica Lovatt, chairman of the Vale of White Horse District Council.
On time and budget delivery
The 16-month design and build project, which marks the second new-build care home J Tomlinson has successfully delivered on behalf of Hamberley, was completed on time and budget and opened to residents in early May.
- ON TIME AND BUDGET DELIVERY – the 16-month design and build project, which marks the second new-build care home J Tomlinson has successfully delivered on behalf of Hamberley, was completed on time and budget and opened to residents in early May
- CREATION OF MARKETING SUITE – seamless management of the creation and handover of marketing suite, delivered 2 weeks prior to Practical Completion
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT– through the project, J Tomlinson enjoyed a positive relationship the local community, assisting at a local school fair and undertaking a range of fundraising activities
- DEFECT-FREE SCHEME – although we have a dedicated aftercare team, we have not had any defects on this scheme, as a result of strict adherence to tried-and- tested quality procedures
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT – our in-house SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment & Quality) team attended site and completed inspections through both planned and unplanned visits. Following completion of works, Quality Control checks were carried out for all mechanical and electrical installations by our Electrical Qualifying Supervisor, prior to offering the works over for client inspection. This was further supported by independent gas central heating inspections from our specialist partners, BlueFlame