South Yorkshire Police – Planned and Reactive Maintenance
J Tomlinson has been appointed by South Yorkshire Police to provide 24/7 reactive building and electrical repair and maintenance works, alongside refurbishment projects for the force.
South Yorkshire Police
February 2008 - Ongoing
- Services Provided by J Tomlinson
- Reactive building works
- Electrical repair/maintenance works
- Refurbishment works
South Yorkshire Police is the territorial police force for policing Barnsley, Doncaster, and Rotherham, along with the City of Sheffield.
J Tomlinson has provided 24/7 reactive building and electrical repair/maintenance works and refurbishment projects to the force as part of a rolling contract since 2008. The works cover a range of projects across 35 police properties, from custodies and stations to control rooms and administrative centres.
One of the most recent projects saw J Tomlinson complete a state-of-the-art staff shower refurbishment within the force’s Atlas Court Call-handling Centre.
J Tomlinson Solution
Over the course of the last ten years, J Tomlinson have completed a range of projects on behalf of South Yorkshire Police. Some of the most notable projects include:
- Snig Hill Police Station – Conversion of disused cells into storage facility
- Remembrance Gardens – Grounds works
- Atlas Court Call-handling Centre – State-of-the-art shower refurbishment
- Doncaster Custody Tunnel Refurbishment
The majority of work is carried out within live environments, which requires meticulous programming and a sensitive, unobtrusive approach carrying minimal disruption. J Tomlinson are required to attend all emergency call-outs within four hours of notification. This is achieved through careful planning and a significant degree of flexibility.
J Tomlinson produce Forward Maintenance Plans based upon asset age, expected lifestyle, and future usage, helping to support the force in forecasting anticipated maintenance budgets in line with strategic goals and planned reductions in central funding.
Furthermore, the company undertakes capital and whole life cycle costing exercises on the facilities and assets we maintain. As part of regular cost analysis exercises, we evaluate alternative solutions, maintenance periods, actual running costs, and warranty options. Information is then shared with the client via regular contract meetings. Overall, maintenance costs have been reduced through the just in time replacement of assets prior to them becoming uneconomical to repair.
- COST-EFFICIENCY – throughout the duration of the contract, J Tomlinson has always looked for ways in which they could help the force to reduce costs. One of the most effective cost-minimising methods adopted by J Tomlinson is the bulk buying of materials.
- LIVE ENVIRONMENTS AND MINIMAL DISRUPTION – working within particularly sensitive environments, in which there is often a large amount of confidential information, J Tomlinson’s professional and careful approach ensures minimum disruption is caused by works taking place.
- RISK MANAGEMENT – J Tomlinson implements and maintains safe working practices helping to protect both its employees and the communities in which we work.
- OWN ENGINEERS – J Tomlinson utilises the company’s own directly employed engineers, all of whom are vetted and police-checked, providing peace of mind to the client, as well as an enhanced level of security