West Midlands Ambulance Service – EO Charging Point Installations
J Tomlinson were appointed by long-term client, WMAS, to provide a full facilities management solution across its 5,000 square-mile property portfolio, spanning community ambulance stations, 999 and 111 operating centres, fleet preparation hubs and a training academy.
West Midlands Ambulance Services NHS Foundation Trust (WMAS)
- Manufacturing Partner
- Charging Types Installed
EO Genius 22kW, 120 kW DC ABB
- Key Features
- High-level data management and transparency
- High-capacity DC charging solutions
- Reducing downtime for emergency service vehicles
We are working with the Trust create the infrastructure and back office management system to support the electrification of its ambulance fleet in line with 2050 Net Zero targets, whilst ensuring the fleet is fully charged and ready to provide emergency response to people living across the West Midlands.
We have engaged with EO Charging to facilitate the roll-out of AC and DC EV charging infrastructure across multiple sites – all the way from standard units designed for staff and visitor car parking areas to rapid chargers designed to reduce downtime for emergency vehicles.
J Tomlinson Solution
The infrastructure provides full load management for multiple chargers on one site, helping to support complex fleet requirements and the high demand on the provision of emergency services across the West Midlands by balancing out the charging load required for each unit whilst in use. This has been instrumental in helping to overcome the site’s limited power enabling charge points to be installed without costly and timely power supply upgrades.
All EO Genius chargers are connected to EO Hubs – a separate smart unit that acts as the ‘brain’ of the charging system. Up to 30 charge points can be connected to a single hub, allowing WMAS to easily scale their charging infrastructure in the future alongside the increasing number of electric vehicles in their fleet.
EO Cloud – remote data management and charge point control
All AC and DC charge points can be managed from the EO Cloud, EO’s online charge point management platform, which allows WMAS to view and manage a mixture of AC and DC hardware from one central platform, enabling site managers to:
- Restrict access to certain charge points.
- Monitor energy usage across their whole charging estate.
- Remotely track the live location of their vehicles.
- Assess charging status.
- Monitor the charging stations, ensuring maximum uptime of the mission-critical infrastructure.
The team will receive fault alerts via the EO Cloud. In the event that issues cannot be fixed remotely, rapid on-site response will be mobilised to ensure minimal disruption to the emergency service vehicles.
- APPROVED OZEV INSTALLERS, GRANT FUNDING SUPPORT – working with clients to obtain applicable grant funding to support them in understanding EV Charging Installations at a subsidised cost.
- ENGAGEMENT WITH DISTRUBUTION NETWORK OPERATOR (DNO) – liaison with DNOs to provide key information including how much electricity demand the charge points will require to help ensure the local low network had enough capacity and protection to prevent issues for other local electricity users.
- TURNKEY SOLUTION – a full-turnkey solution spanning robust site and fleet assessments, commissioning, installation, and ongoing maintenance.