J Tomlinson’s Gas Safety Week Social Media Competition – how to get involved
September 14, 2020
To mark 10 years of Gas Safety Week, we’re giving ten social media users the chance to win a carbon monoxide alarm AND a Love2Shop voucher.
Find out how to enter and view our competition terms and conditions below.
How to enter
There are two options for entering the competition:
- Tell us about a time you’ve helped someone you know stay gas safe – this could be via education, spotting and preventing a potential hazard, or creatively spreading the word about how important it is to have your gas appliances checked on an annual basis (200 words max)
2. Write and share a gas safety-themed haiku (instructions below)
The winner will receive a £50 Love2Shop voucher and CO alarm, with the nine runner-up entries receiving a £20 Love2Shop voucher and a CO alarm.
Gas safety haiku example
A haiku consists of three lines containing 17 syllables in total, following a 5-7-5 syllable pattern. It doesn’t need to rhyme, but it can if you’d prefer. Below is an example to help inspire some creativity!
Get checked each year; (5 syllables)
Your gas-safe engineer (7 syllables)
Will help keep you safe (5 syllables)
Submit your entry via Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn comments by 11pm on Friday 18th September .
Announcement of winners
All winning entries will be announced on Thursday 24th September.
Terms and conditions
By entering the competition, you agree to bound by the following terms and conditions:
- Prizes cannot be transferred and there is no cash alternative.
- The competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 residing in the UK.
- To enter, simply leave a comment on the relevant Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn competition post with your answer to the questions below
- The competition will close at 11 pm on Friday 18th September. If you choose to submit an entry after these times, it will not be included in the competition.
- J Tomlinson will select one ultimate winner and nine runners-up after the entry deadline has passed. The winners will be notified via social media on Thursday 24th September.
- If selected as a winner or runner up, you must get in touch with J Tomlinson to claim your prize within 28 days of notification.
- J Tomlinson reserves the right to publish the details of the winner in any follow-up PR, on the J Tomlinson website and social media channels.
- This promotion is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- If selected as a winner or runner up, you will need to provide a valid postal address and email address via private/direct message, which we will use to administer the prize. (After which point, we will securely erase your information.)
- J Tomlinson reserves the right to delete any comments on our Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter posts that we deem to be inappropriate.
J Tomlinson, which was founded in Nottingham the 1950s, works primarily across the Midlands, Yorkshire and Northern and Central England.
The company provides a range of sustainable building solutions including refurbishment, repairs and maintenance, engineering services, extra care construction, renewable energy, and facilities management, working across a range of key sectors including extra care, healthcare, blue light, social housing and local government.