J Tomlinson’s Gas Safety Week Social Media Competition – how to get involved
September 14, 2020
To mark 10 years of Gas Safety Week, we’re giving ten social media users the chance to win a carbon monoxide alarm AND a Love2Shop voucher. Find out how to enter and view our competition terms and conditions below.
How to enter
There are two options for entering the competition:
- Tell us about a time you’ve helped someone you know stay gas safe – this could be via education, spotting and preventing a potential hazard, or creatively spreading the word about how important it is to have your gas appliances checked on an annual basis (200 words max)
2. Write and share a gas safety-themed haiku (instructions below)
The winner will receive a £50 Love2Shop voucher and CO alarm, with the nine runner-up entries receiving a £20 Love2Shop voucher and a CO alarm.
Gas safety haiku example
A haiku consists of three lines containing 17 syllables in total, following a 5-7-5 syllable pattern. It doesn’t need to rhyme, but it can if you’d prefer. Below is an example to help inspire some creativity!
Get checked each year; (5 syllables)
Your gas-safe engineer (7 syllables)
Will help keep you safe (5 syllables)
Submit your entry via Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn comments by 11pm on Friday 18th September .
Annoucement of winners
All winning entries will be announced on Thursday 24th September.
Terms and conditions:
- All entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Prizes are not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 residing in the UK.
- Only one entry per person will be entered into each competition.
- To enter, simply leave a comment on the relevant Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn competition post with your answer to the questions below
- The competitions will close at the following times. Entries submitted after these times will not be included in the competition.
- J Tomlinson accepts no responsibility for entries lost; online failures; or any other communication failures or circumstances affecting the competition in any manner including without limitation, receipt of entries, ability to participate in the competition, winner notification, or winner response to notification.
- One ultimate winner per competition and nine runners-up will be selected after the entry deadline has passed. The winners will be notified via social media Thursday 24th September.
- The winners must get in touch to claim their prize within 28 days of notification. Unclaimed prizes after this time will be void.
- No correspondence will be entered in to. The decision of J Tomlinson is final.
- J Tomlinson reserves the right to publish the details of the winner in any follow-up PR, on the J Tomlinson website and social media channels.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Winners will be requested to provide a valid postal address and email address via private/direct message, which will be used to administer the prize – after which point the information will be deleted.
- J Tomlinson reserves the right to delete any comments on our Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter posts that are deemed inappropriate.
J Tomlinson, which was founded in the 1950s, works primarily across the West Midlands, East Midlands and Yorkshire, supported by a network of offices and depots.
The company provides a range of integrated building solutions including construction, refurbishment, repairs and maintenance, mechanical and electrical services (M&E), and facilities management, and works across all major sectors, including healthcare, social housing, student accommodation, commercial and industrial.
Form more information about J Tomlinson, visit www.jtomlinson.co.uk.